We are pleased to be providing three people with the opportunity to recieve a scholoarship for the Explorer Cadetship Program.
What is the Explorer Cadetship?
When you leave high school or university it’s hard to know what your next step should be - there are so many career choices. It’s even harder to know what a job will be like when you do it and whether it is going to be the right fit for you.
The thoroughbred industry is all about passion. For most people who work in the industry their passion starts with a love of horses. For others it starts with a love of the excitement that racing brings. One thing is for sure, once you work in the thoroughbred industry your love of horses grows to higher level.
The thoroughbred industry has two major sectors; the breeding industry and the racing industry, and within these there are many different types of careers. So, to take the challenge out of deciding straight away the Explorer Cadetship have designed a pathway which allows you to Explore.
The Program begins in February 2020 and provides students with a 12 week live-in course in Hawkesbury (NSW) followed by placements within the industry for the remainder of the 12-month program. To find out more about the program and what is involved click here-
To apply for the scholarship please fill in the below form.
What is included in the Scholarship?
- All Expenses paid for over the first 12 weeks of the course. This includes tuition, accommodation and living expenses.
- The program commences in February and the program is capped at 30 students. Applications will open in late September 2019.
- The program will take 12 months to complete and once you commence you will receive minimal time off.
- Successful applicants will need to demonstrate a passion for horses, animals and/or racing and a level of equine experience or passion through the application process to be considered for the program.
- The program will involve riding and hard physical work, so students will need to be fit and healthy and have a strong work ethic and will to succeed.
All applications for our scholarship must be submitted via the below form. Application close date: Sunday December 15th, 2019.