Access to the Oakbank Race Course O'Leary Walker Bushfire Relief Race Day
ACCESS TO OAKBANK RACING CLUB ON JAN 22
Please be aware the following roads will be closed around Oakbank during the Tour Down Under:
Onkaparinga Valley Rd
- Between Tiers Rd and Freshford Pl from 6am-7pm
- Between Freshford Pl and Jacaranda Dr from 6am-7pm (business and resident access only during this time) and no access at all during race passes from 10.45am-12pm
Detours will be in place to direct traffic during this time, however if you are travelling south from Woodside along Onkaparinga Valley Rd to Oakbank Racing Club, we recommend you take the following route to access the racecourse:
- When you reach Jacaranda Dr, turn left on to Jacaranda Dr
- Take the second right on to Sandalwood Dr
- At the end of the road, turn right on to Grevillea Way
- When you reach the fork road, turn left on to St Marks Drive
- Follow the road until you reach the end and then turn left on Onkaparinga Valley Rd
- Continue your journey to Oakbank Racing Club
You can find out more about our O’Leary Walker Bushfire Relief Race Day here: https://www.facebook.com/events/501032703841036/
The O’Leary Walker Bushfire Relief Race Day @ Oakbank Racecourse on January 22nd will be focussed on raising as much money as possible to support our community after the recent devastating bushfires.
All profit and donations from the day will be donated to the SA Bushfire Appeal supporting those who have been directly affected by the fires, having suffered through death, injury, loss or damage of property.
About the Race Day:
There will be plenty to do to take a break from the everyday, including:
- a live auction to raise funds for the SA Bushfire Appeal
- water slides and activities for the kids
- a selection of food vans serving up delicious treats
- bars with local wines, beers, ciders and more
- a Pimm's Bar
- live music
- a great day of racing with 7 races
Gates open at 12.30pm with the first race at 2.20pm.
Please come along and help those in need – 100% of your $10 entry fee* will go to support those affected by the devastating bushfires.
*Please note: At Oakbank Racing Club you have the option to BYO picnic, so this is a great value way enjoy a day out with your people at a low cost. The bonus for this race day is 100% of the profits of this event will go to support the SA Bushfire Appeal.