Dear SA Racing Industry,
Despite lobbying the Government today and pressing our case to allow racing to continue behind closed doors, as has been the case in all mainland jurisdictions right throughout this pandemic, at this point in time we have not yet been able to reach a position where we can conduct race meetings for the next seven days.
In light of the lockdown that comes into effect at 6pm today, the race meeting scheduled for Wednesday 21 July at Gawler has been transferred to Thursday 29 July and will be conducted at Gawler.
Nominations for the Gawler meeting have been reopened with the following details:
- Nominations Close: 12:00pm Friday 23 July 2021
- Late Nominations: 10:00am Monday 26 July 2021
- Weights: Monday 26 July 2021
- Acceptances: 9:00am Tuesday 27 July 2021
- Riders: 12:00pm Tuesday 27 July 2021
Racing SA will provide an update on the situation with the upcoming meeting scheduled for this Saturday at Morphettville as soon as the new Directions have been released.
The next set of official trials will be at Balaklava on Friday 30 July 2021.
Normal training, exercising, grooming and movement necessary to care for horses is permitted with the following to be observed;
- starting gates are not to be used under any circumstances
- all Club jump outs are to be suspended for the period 11:59pm Tuesday 20 July 2021 up to and inclusive of 11:59pm Tuesday 27 July 2021
- staff are to leave training facilities as soon as their activity is finished and maintain distancing at all times in line with Government requirements
- the wearing of masks, whilst not mandatory, is preferred.
The Racing Department will monitor the horse pool in the coming week and make any adjustments needed to racing programs, if possible, to accommodate horses requiring a start.
I thank you in advance for working with us as we move through the next week.
Stay safe and take care.
Racing SA CEO